Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Emeryville, CA
Employment Type: 6 months contract to hire
Develop the primary purpose of the project management role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business value.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field; project management and/or general business management; or equivalent, related IT experience. Project manager training and certification desirable, but not required.
- Five or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving within a Healthcare delivery model.
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated competency in a project management role involving the execution of multiple projects or a large project.
- Three or more years of BU or BU-facing experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully using “soft skills” or “people skills”
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types
- Familiar with project management methodologies (for example, PMI, Prince II and agile)
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment and to interacting with senior leadership
- Knowledge of project-planning tools and technics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to work across multiple internal/external teams and workstreams to support project goals and objectives.
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time.
- Experience in Smartsheet (preferred).
- Experience with Infrastructure & Cloud migration projects
- Must be a go getter.