Position: Ophthalmic & Telemedicine Equipment Installer
Location: West Coast Opening
Employment Type: Full Time / Direct Hire
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Travel to job site and install ophthalmic equipment based on client’s needs.
- Install electrical or computer equipment such as flat-screen televisions, routers, desktop computers, laptops, and tablets.
- Unbox equipment and take inventory at site to be sure all equipment arrived.
- Run cables from devices to PC when necessary- cables will be run through dropped ceiling or fished through walls.
- Use wiring covers where wire fishing is not possible.
- Hang and mount monitors and televisions.
- Minor configurations of software onsite when necessary
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations.
- Test all equipment with IT and clinical staff prior to finishing.
- Keep a positive and professional attitude when interacting with the client and staff onsite.
- Work independently and efficiently
- Frequently update the office on installation progress
- Cleaning up after the job is complete.
- Recording and maintaining stock levels
- Experience with setting up and installing ophthalmic equipment.
- Must have past experience with installation of CAT 6, data and video cables.
- Experience using monitor mounts to hang televisions up to 32”.
- Knowledge of hardware and cabling technologies for interconnecting multiple devices to a PC.
- Basic understanding of Internet distribution in a small office environment
- Excellent customer service skills a must
- Flexible work schedule, ability to travel throughout the U.S. for multiple days at a time, including weekends.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to move heavy objects.
- Must have driver’s license and passport.
- Prior history working with telemedicine and/or ophthalmic equipment.
- Familiar with Ophthalmic equipment and their basic testing functions.