Duration: Contract to Hire
Client is looking for a front end engineer consultant to help them maintain, improve, and sometimes build new web applications that support the organization’s matriculation and program strategy.
The candidate will be working with a Java+Spring Boot backend team to build richly responsive RESTful single page web apps. The candidate will be collaborating with UX designers, business analysts, and company’s partners across the organization to do so (some of whom don’t get how this web stuff works, let alone what a closure is). Occasionally the candidate will get the opportunity to collaborate with the Company’s Drupal team who manage and maintain the company public website, but this position will for the most part not involve any CMS work.
Applications the candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving:
- -Online application process – everything from applying, interview signup, and regional
- -Iernal interview and selection tools – these help the organization identify and screen candidates most likely to lead the fight against educational inequity
- -Program tracking tools – these applications help track the progress of our teachers in the classroom, as well as our overall progress toward our organizational goals.
- Maintain, improve and build single page web applications and other web front ends- 70%
- other libraries and frameworks
- Ensure interfaces meet WCAG standards for accessibility
- Write unit tests, review code, and provide feedback to the other developers
- Actively influence evolving application architecture
- Mentor, troubleshoot, and collaborate with other developers and teams – 15%
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development cycle (including scrum processes, assessment, planning, design, development, testing, and support.) – 15%
Project experience needed:
- 5+ years of experience developing ajax-based desktop and mobile web applications using
- Web Accessibility – Familiarity with accessibility concepts and knowledge of when and where to
- look up WCAG recommendations, but you don’t have to know every WCAG recommendation by
- Familiarity with Vue.js and/or Backbone.js. (React and Angular experience are great too, but our
- stack does not currently utilize those frameworks.)
- Familiarity with NodeJS+npm, Webpack/Browserify, git, and comfort with the command line.
- The following are not required, but will positively impact your application:
- Google Tag Manager & Analytics experience
- js experience
- Any familiarity with Java, Springboot, Groovy, and/or SQL