Position: System Support Specialist
Location: Holtsville, NY
Duration: 6+ months
Position Summary: The System Support Specialist will work with current IT professionals to assist staff in both the Corporate Office and remote users with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. Support includes specifications, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines. The System Support Specialist will also assist with basic network support function, maintenance and testing of desktop computers and associated equipment.
Essential Job Functions :
- Level1 & Level2 Help Desk Support
- Load and configure desktop OS (Windows10).
- Configure and troubleshoot desktop applications and basic network connectivity.
- Install and configure desktop computer and peripheral hardware upgrades.
- Perform basic installation, configuration, deployment and troubleshooting of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Maintaining accurate inventory of computers and printers.
- Periodic cleaning all desktops and printers.
- Integrate hardware into existing LAN environments. This includes establishing network, file server access, configuration of email clients and print server connectivity.
- Install upgrades and troubleshoot, support and repair simple network connectivity issues at the desktop, including NICs and network connections within local and remote environments.
- Install, integrate, troubleshoot and solve network client operation problems.
- Basic Active Directory – Changing user passwords, unlocking accounts, joining computers to a domain, etc.
- M365 – Account setup, changing passwords, etc.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma combined with equivalent technical work experience
- Technical/Vocational school with completion of a desktop/ network support or associated program
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Strong technical background with a broad range of technologies
- Experience in a Help Desk or User Support environment is preferred
- PC hardware/software, server hardware and latest operating systems, network connectivity and communications
- Microsoft Certification a plus
- The ability to install, integrate and support Windows operating systems
- Some knowledge of Active Directory users and groups
- Must possess a strong knowledge of client/server computing.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/software issues on both desktop and laptop PCs and printers
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds (PCs, monitors, printers, etc. as needed).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and follow up skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment
- The ability to communicate in a professional manner and relate to people at multiple levels within an organization
- Extremely customer oriented, possessing excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A self-motivated, ambitious and dedicated team player who is willing to learn
- Must be able to work independently.