Responsible for collaborating with project delivery teams on analysis and development of key DB-tier stored procedures, SSIS packages, architectural components and/or infrastructure, supporting PCH Online database environments.
Responsible for the day-to-day operational health, performance, availability and troubleshooting of the database tier, including but not limited to: DTS/SSIS packages, replication, scheduled job monitoring, analyzing query plans, data archiving/pruning, application and load test benchmarks, and data-tier alerts and notifications.
GENERAL DATABASE ADMINISTRATION:
- Provide database administration support and troubleshooting to multiple IT projects and Delivery Teams.
- Work with Delivery Teams to analyze system capacity requirements and needs.
- Assist in analysis, design, development, and implementation of database systems, stored procedures, SSIS packages, and configurations.
- Responsible for ensuring backups of all production and mission-critical data is securely captured and restore capability enabled.
- Work with Infrastructure Team to Analyze, Plan and Implement database upgrades.
- Ensure that SQL developers meet the architectural standards
- Develop technical system documentation
- Configure, optimize, and support SQL Server or other relational databases.
- Configure SQL Server replication, resolve functional and performance issues.
- Support the operation of existing applications with respect to stored procedures and database optimizations
- Monitoring performance, analyzing plans and facilitate performance tuning.
- Monitoring scheduled jobs, refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide timely response and resolution of emergency production questions, issues and defects
- Resolve issues or escalate to Manager or next Escalation level, if necessary
- Performs database refreshes across the different environments/tiers (Dev, QA, Staging, Production)
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Work as a shared resource across various Agile Delivery Team Projects.
- Works within Agile/Scrum process by attending daily stand-ups and Sprint Planning sessions.
- Communicate status of tasks via daily Scrum stand-up meetings and Agile tools.
- Notify supervisor and relevant teams of issues that impact productivity or ability to meet expectations
- Assist Scrum Master in tracking progress, prioritizing work, developing time estimates.
- Bachelors Degree required in Computer Science or a related field
- 7 plus years of supporting online 24/7 highly transactional database systems with knowledge of SQL Server 2012/2016, monitoring tools like solarwinds, New relic
- 7 plus years of supporting and managing Microsoft SQL server systems
- Prior working experience with highly transaction database systems
- Prior experience working for an ecommerce or financial operation
- Experience with other relational database systems such as MySQL is preferred
- Experience setting up and managing clustering services for Windows systems
- MySQL database administration experience is a plus.
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rotation